The Manor House, Chew Magna, Somerset
|The Manor House, Chew Magna: garden front in 2011.|
|Chew Magna Manor House: staircase hall|
Adlam installed a collection of 16th and 17th century woodwork and overmantels, which it is believed came mainly from houses owned and demolished by the Merchant Venturers in Bristol at this time, although the collection includes some Continental work too. In 1940 the house was taken over the by Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions as a convent school (formerly at Deal, Kent). It remained in use as a school until 2006, and was reconverted to residential use with enabling development in the grounds in 2010-11.